Stationary commercial recumbent bikes allow you to enhance your health without any side effects. Unlike upright exercising bikes that may be difficult for your body, the recumbent bikes have seats similar to a chair with lumbar support and comfortable cushioning.
They are made to relieve pressure from your back. Workout on this bike isn’t only convenient for your back but also ankles, joints, hips, and knees. A recumbent bike allows you to exert less descending pressure while upright seating.
There’s no doubt why is the best commercial recumbent exercise bike one of the most popular exercise tools.
Recumbent bikes are suitable for people with back pain and limited mobility. These cardio trainers are famous with riders in top form. Their design averts pain in the back that some people experience with upright bikes.
The use of a recumbent bike can decrease the chances of muscle soreness. They can also be an excellent tool for weight loss.
Commercial Recumbent Exercise Bikes Comparison
|Product Name||Warranty||Weight Limit||Price|
|Precor RBK 615 Commercial||10-year on parts and items||350 pounds||Check Price|
|Diamondback Fitness 910SR||Lifetime Warranty for Frame and Brakes||350 pounds||Check Price|
|LifeSpan Fitness R7000i||Lifetime Warranty for Frame and Brakes||400 pounds||Check Price|
|NordicTrack Commercial Vr21||Lifetime Warranty for Frame and Brakes||350 pounds||Check Price|
|Tunturi E80-R Endurance||Lifetime||330||Check Price|
Best Commercial Recumbent Exercise Bikes – Review
1. Precor RBK 615 – Best Commercial Recumbent Bike
Precor is a company that builds special equipment for spas, hotels and health clubs to withstand rigorous workouts. Precor RBK 615 is famous for its durability and quality.
The model is great to deliver a cardio workout with low-impact. You can get the advantage of some challenging predetermined workouts and a comfortable seat.
Air flex seat is specially designed to keep you cool and support your entire body. The PBK 615 Precor Recumbent Bike comes with six predetermined workouts: hill climb, heart rate control, interval, random, manual and weight loss.
The unique design allows easily climb up on the bike. A particular reclining position handles the weight of sensitive areas and equally distribute it on the seat. You can enjoy a comfortable ride.
The seat with the high-ventilation features suspension system. This system allows the seat to move with you to increase your comfort. Dual-sided pedals are possible to use with/without the straps of the pedal.
- Integrated touch sensor to monitor heart rate and compatible polar 5 KHz wireless transmitter monitoring with chest strap
- Convenient step-through design
- Air Flex seat with maximum ventilation
- Dual-sided pedals with customizing options
- Six preset workouts
- Lifetime warranty on welds and frame
- 10-year warranty on wear items and parts
The Good (What I Like)
The Precor RBK 615 recumbent bike comes with an options 15” screen for entertainment. Steel frame is durable because of powder coating.
The Bad (What I don’t Like)
The bike doesn’t have an exercise fan.
2. Diamondback Fitness 910SR – Quiet Magnetic
The 910SR Diamondback fitness recumbent bike is designed to keep the body of the user in an ergonomic position. This position can decrease the stress on sensitive areas of the human body such as the lower back.
This bike can make your workout experience comfortable without pains and aches from a bad position. The seat back and seat along with handlebars and console are easy to adjust to the preference of users. It can maximize your comfort.
The set of extensive features can increase the usability of this bike. The interface of 910Sr is simple to use. You can use it without any manual. A bright screen is great to display fitness data, such as heart rate, speed and calories burned.
With 32 resistance levels and 35 programs for workouts, this bike is the best option to fine-tune your exercise sessions.
- Standard steel solid steel-crafted components and magnetic flywheel for a quiet and sturdy ride
- 35 programs for a workout: gradual resistance of 2 levels and target heart rate
- Water bottle holder and adjustable cooling fan
- Foldout rack of tablet and mp3 connectivity
- LCD for quick and precise feedback
- Quiet and smooth performance because the bike comes without clutches, friction-based systems and noisy fans.
- Comfortable and smooth pedaling
- High-end and efficient console
- Quiet operation
- Side molding of plastic can be dangerous
- The screen is difficult to use
3. LifeSpan Fitness R5000i – Commercial Recumbent Bike
The Recumbent Bike R7000i features a particular step-thru design. It allows you to get off quickly and on the bike. The commercial R7000i bike comes with connectivity with apps and iPad integration.
The bike allows you to operate this bike and graphically enhance the readouts of each workout. Data of exercise is easy to track wireless syncing from an iPad. The pedaling can generate energy to power this bike.
An ideal drive system is designed to stimulate the toughest sessions of outdoor training. The bike features durable components and steel frame. A resistance generator, crank system, and poly-V drive belt guarantee whisper-quiet and smooth workouts.
The seat is comfortable and ergonomic with a breathable and comfy backrest. The R7000i has a molded-foam bottom on the seat. Built-in sensors for heart rate are available in soft armrests. These sensors allow you to track your cardiovascular performance easily.
- 5-year warranty for residential parts and commercial warranty for two years
- Oversized pedals for self-balancing
- 16 resistance levels
- Aluminum pulley for durability
- Breathable back of the seat and armrests for maximum comfort
- Transport wheels in front
- Suitable for people with 400 lbs.
- King-size self-balancing pedals can accommodate each shoe. Front-mounted wheels for easy transport from one place to another.
- Fitness programs and 16 resistance levels
- Monitoring of heart rate
- Adjustable seat
- Flywheel is 20 pounds only
- A cooling fan is not available. A cooling fan can help people in their workout.
4. NordicTrack Commercial Vr21 – Recumbent Bike
If you need a higher end bike, there is nothing better than NordicTrack Vr21. The bike features a StepThru design to eliminate the base of a traditional bike. It allows riders to get off and on the bike quickly and easily.
It allows you to experience comfort while working out with a cushioned seat. The seat features ventilated lumbar support that will enable you to pay attention to your workout.
The NordicTrack Vr21 allows you to move to a particular rhythm. Just plug in a device and workout to your favorite tunes through 2-inch double superior speakers.
Pedals are extra wide to fit each foot. Straps of these pedals are adjustable for additional stability. Use built-in sensors to receive a reading for heart rate on your console and target a particular zone.
- The flywheel is 20 lbs. for a smooth workout
- 5-inch backlit display to analyze the progress of your workout on 5-inc iFit backlit display
- Offers a modifiable console and wide viewing angle
- Wireless strap for chest, monitor for heart rate and OneTouch controls
- 32 workout applications designed by expert trainers to reach your health goals
- 350 pounds maximum weight capacity
- Workout apps allow you to get the advantage of predesigned workout programs. Fitness experts design these programs. You will need iFit Coat or other apps to get these programs.
- Grip sensors on both handlebars
- 25 settings for resistance
- Steel frame for durability
- Not designed for long-term durability
- Not for advanced cyclists
5. Tunturi E80-R – Endurance Series Recumbent Exercise Bike
Tunturi E80-R is the best recumbent bike with a strong resistance induction system. The bike features a strong 600-Watt induction, 43 programs, and TFT-LCD color display. The resistance to the bike is generated through the induction system.
The induction system is essential to generate resistance without any noise. The bike doesn’t have mobile integrated parts. With 43 programs, it is easy for you to plan your training session. You can choose a suitable program for beginners.
It is easy to connect an exercise bike with a smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth. Kinomap is a useful app to connect with the bike. Through this app, you can find out worldwide routes.
- It comes with 43 programs that make it possible to plan your workout. TFT-LCD display allows you to track your health record.
- Measure heart rate
- 43 exercise programs
- PC interface
- Measurement of telemetric heart rate via a chest strap (sold separately)
- Mains adaptor for power supply
- Vertical handlebar adjustment
- Maximum user-weight is 330 pounds
- Front wheels to easily move bike
- Durable series with great features
- LCD controls are available in 10 languages
- Lacks exercise fan
- It is almost impossible to access all features without smart devices.
If you want to buy the best commercial recumbent bike, here are some ideas that can assist you.
Commercial recumbent bikes appeal businesses, such as clubhouse workout areas, recreation centers, and hotels. Fitness buffs, avid racers, and trainers find these bikes great for their workout. Before purchasing a bike, you have to consider these features:
Flywheel and Resistance Levels
Commercial recumbent bikes feature a durable design, such as their structure is made of commercial-grade steel. In several cases, they have 30 lbs. flywheels.
The bike must have several resistance levels with infinite levels to boost your workout. Comfort is an essential factor that these bikes deliver. The commercial recumbent bike features adjustable and gel seats, handlebar settings and traction control pedals.
Preset Workout Programs
The best recumbent bikes come with special workout programs. Several exercise bikes include almost 10 to 30 programs. These bikes are useful for users who like to define their workout.
They can accomplish their desired fitness goal with the commercial recumbent bike. Custom designed workout routines are available for demanding users.
If you need a long lasting recumbent bike, you must not care about iFit capability or music options.
Commercial recumbent bikes are durable than residential recumbent bikes. These bikes come with longer warranties and cover maximum parts.
Consider Additional Features
A recumbent bike is packed with extra features. For instance, some bikes come with amenities, such as desks for laptop or magazines racks. It allows you to surf the internet or work while you exercise.
If you want to track your progress, you must have a high-quality LCD screen to display data, such as total pedal strokes, distance covered and calories burned.
Several exercise bikes offer usual amenities like textured handlebars, padded seat, varying level of tension, preset programs and bottle holders.
Some expensive models have unusual features: interactive programs. These programs allow you to connect or race with other users or export data to iFit. Some bikes come with integrated USB drivers and speakers for tech-friendly players.
Commercial Recumbent Bike FAQs
Why do I need advanced features?
Advanced features like computer modules may be a great tool. With these programs, you can easily track the progress of your workout with precision. It allows you to plan long-term workouts.
Some exercise bikes come with several advanced features, such as Bluetooth connectivity, integrated speakers, and entertainment packages. These features can increase the price of your bike.
Keep it in mind that these are optional so if you can’t afford them, you can purchase a bike with necessary features.
Is it necessary to set up a bike properly?
Yes, new users often skip settings of their bike. You have to understand the pedals, way to apply force to pedals and seat positioning.
The height of the seat must provide a full range of motion to your legs. While riding on a lower seat, your legs remain bent. It can drastically decrease the efficiency of each workout.
Commercial recumbent bikes are specially designed to provide you maximum comfort and stability. If you are looking for the best commercial recumbent bike, you can consider any one of the top five models.
If you want to be more precise, you can choose between Diamondback and Lifespan fitness. You can’t go wrong with any recumbent bike on our list. You have to consider your budget before making a purchase.
If you have a limited budget, you can choose a bike without advanced features. With recumbent bikes, you can enjoy a smooth workout without any impact on your joints.
Last update on 2021-02-03 at 22:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API