If you are in your 50s, it doesn’t mean to spend your time on a rocking chair. By staying active, you can keep your body and mind in the best shape. As a result, you will be able to manage your independence. Sometimes, you find it difficult to join a gym because of different reasons.
In this situation, you can buy your exercise equipment to stay in shape. No doubt, it can be hard to stay in shape after 60, but it is not impossible. With some extra efforts and healthy eating, you can achieve your health goals.
Remember, you will need a particular physical activity to involve your muscles. You may get numerous options to keep yourself active, such as gardening, housework, and exercise. For your convenience, you can buy the right pieces of the best exercise equipment for senior citizens.
A senior person must know the best exercise equipment. The selection of the right equipment may depend on your personal preferences and particular circumstances. For your convenience, here is the best exercise equipment for seniors.
The Best Exercise Equipment for Seniors – Review
Recumbent Exercise Bike
1. Schwinn 270 recumbent bike
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start. Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output. 90-240V,...
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
Schwinn 270 is a comfortable recumbent bike for the best fitness experience. With Bluetooth connectivity, you can monitor, track, and set the progress with great tracking tools, such as UA Record, MyFitnessPal, the World, and many more.
A loaded console comes with blue backlit DualTrack LCD screens for 29 workout programs. You can see workout metrics without any trouble. The contoured and ventilated seat has a padded bottom. With a slider seat made of aluminum, it is easy to adjust the seat as per your needs.
For a quiet and smooth workout, it offers high inertia and high-speed perimeter weighted flywheel. This recumbent bike has a fantastic console with 29 preset workouts. With these workouts, you can challenge your body in different ways. Overall, it can be a good exercise bike for seniors to achieve their fitness goals.
2. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills (6.5S & 6.5Si Models)
The NordicTrack 6.5S and 6.5Si are entry-level treadmills for senior citizens. It features innovative design and quality engineering. This folding treadmill is suitable for casual runners and walkers. You can experience interactive and impressive features of this treadmill.
Feel free to get the advantage of on-demand studio workouts. You can stream energetic suited sessions with experienced personal trainers. The world-class trainers can control the decline, speed, and incline of your machine in real-time.
You can digitally adjust your incline and speed for the best workout. For total body training, this treadmill may be a suitable choice. With cross-training and high-powered workouts, you can move and tone your entire body.
With endless training choices, you can avoid workout monotony. From global workouts to studio sessions and cross-training options, you can choose different options. It enables you to do full-body sculpting and yoga.
3. Schwinn 470 Elliptical Compact Machine
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable Run Social App and run through 19 locations with 27 routes alongside people from all over the world in real time
- 29 workout programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Dual Track LCD displays, media shelf, in console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan
The Schwinn 470 is a compact elliptical trainer for seniors. It will help you to perform low-impact workouts. You will find it great for digital connectivity. With Bluetooth connectivity, it is easy for you to track and monitor your progress.
It offers a motorized 10-degree adjustable ramp to control incline for challenging and fun workouts. You can use a DualTrack backlit blue LCD system that displays almost 29 preset programs. A 20” stride is available with precise path foot technology to simulate natural motions.
This medium-duty bike can handle almost 300 pounds. It is efficient for a cardiovascular workout by combining lower and upper body coordination and flexibility in an impact-free motion. With this elliptical, you can avoid extra stress on your knees and joints.
4. URBNFit Fitness Exercise Ball
- GYM GRADE EXERCISE BALL - Professional quality PVC material, Anti-Burst 2000lbs design able to stand up to the most rigorous workouts
- INCLUDES QUICK DUAL ACTION INFLATION PUMP - Ball is delivered deflated and can be pumped up in minutes with minimal effort
- HOME OR OFFICE USE - This premium exercise swiss ball makes working out more effective. Use it for yoga, pilates, stretching and more!
- PERFECT FOR GIFTS - Comes in retail ready box, instructions , workout guide and 2 air stoppers
Do you want an easy workout for the perfect core? You can choose the exercise balls of URBNFit. This ball is exceptionally convenient to perform stomach, core, and back strengthening exercises. If you want a durable ball for exercise, you can choose this exercise ball.
Its rubberized surface will help you to perform different stability and balance exercises to fortify the muscles of your abdomen. You will find it ideal for pilates, yoga, and balance training. This ball is suitable for home gyms.
These balls are designed from burst-resistant and tough rubber for weighted and robust exercises. It is ideal for women and men for a regular workout. You will find it perfect for strengthening your lower back, core, and abdominal muscles.
With this kit, you will get a pump, extra plugs, and a workout guide. It is available in different colors, such as green, purple, silver, red, pink, blue, and black.
5. GoYoga All-Purpose 1/2-Inch Extra
- 71" long 24" wide ensures comfort for people of all shapes and sizes. With high density foam material, the 1/2'' thick premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors
- With double sided non-slip surfaces, BalanceFrom all-purpose premium exercise yoga mat comes with an excellent slip resistant advantage to prevent injuries
- Exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. Moisture resistant Technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
- Easy strapping and light weight feature are added to this mat for easy Transport and storage. BalanceFrom all-purpose premium exercise yoga mat is manufactured and sold exclusively by BalanceFrom...
- A free yoga mat strap is included. All genuine BalanceFrom products are covered by a 100% BalanceFrom satisfaction guarantee and 2-year BalanceFrom Warranty. Customer satisfaction is our highest...
Balance From GoYoga is an all-purpose yoga mat with a convenient carrying strap. It is a premium yoga mat with slip-resistance benefits to avoid injuries. With its exception resilience, you can manage the balance in every exercise style.
It comes with a moisture-resistant technology that makes it washable with water and soap. With dense foam material, this premium thick ½” mat can cushion your hips, elbows, knees, and spine on hard floors.
The length of its strap is adjustable for better and easy hold. For maximum durability and comfort, it is made of high-quality material. You will find it affordable and comfortable. There is no need to worry about losing your balance because of a non-slip surface.
6. Bala Bangles Adjustable Wearable Ankle and Wrist Weights
Do you want something different for your workout? With the use of Bala Bangles, you can change your style for a gym. These are wearable weights to satisfy your sense of style. Bala Bangles can be additive to different workouts.
From boxing to yoga and high fiving, these are suitable for everything. These are manufactured with stainless steel bars covered in silicone skin. You will get two bangles in each set. After wearing Bala Bangles, you will feel a comfortable resistance to workouts.
To escalate burn fat, muscle building, and heart rate, these are effective for every workout. Remember, customary dumbbells can build your strength but may limit the range of movements and interrupt your exercises.
You will find them suitable for aerobics, running, yoga, home workouts, traveling, running late for brunches, and core training. These are suitable for every size of the wrist and ankles.
7. Concept2 Indoor Model D Rowing Machine Containing PM5
- Your purchase includes One Concept2 Indoor Rowing Machine, D Model. A Performance Monitor 5 computer, One Model D User Manual, One Performance Monitor Quick Start Guide, tools and illustrated assembly...
- Rowing machine dimensions: Assembled: 8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm) With Clearance for Use: 9 ft x 4 ft (274 cm x 122 cm) For Storage: 25 in x 33 in x 54 in (63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm).
- Designed to fit most users: 14-inch seat height, 500lb user capacity, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle. Users with an inseam of 38 inches (96.5 cm) or more may require an extra-long monorail.
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage; caster wheels make it mobile; easy to assemble with only eight screws.
- Track your progress with real-time reliable data; the Performance Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for comparable results; connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps (not included).
If you need the best rowing machine, you can buy the Concept2 machine. It is famous among elite athletes for versatile fitting and competitive training. This machine is designed to fit in home gyms and fitness facilities.
Featuring the best air resistance technology, this machine is suitable for a cardio workout. You can use it for every fitness level. This sleek and beautiful rowing machine is assembled in the USA with durable parts.
Concept 2 air rowing exercise machine is famous for using in health clubs, rehab places, home, and military bases. It is available at an affordable price. With its help, you can burn almost 1000 calories in an hour.
For your assistance, it has a user manual with important information about the use of this rower. It is a user-friendly machine for older people.
8. FitBeast Strengthener Hand Grip Workout Kit
- 【Suitable for Everyone】: The hand grip strengthener forearm grip is perfect for improving strength, power and speed in the wrists, fingers, and forearms. An undoubtedly best choice for Rock...
- 【Comfortable and Durable】: The ergonomic and soft handle of hand grip strengthener is not only fit for small and large hands, seniors, and teens but also ensures comfortable holding. The...
- 【Injury Rehabilitation】: Using this grip strength trainer to work out every day is beneficial to recover in hand injury, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, carpal tunnel, tendovaginitis, fractured,...
- 【Hand Grip Strengthener Forearm Grip Exerciser Kit - 5 Pack】: The hand grip strengthener 5 pack kit contains Adjustable Hand Grip Strengthener, Finger Exerciser, Finger stretcher Resistance Band,...
- 【Wonderful After-sale Customer Service】: All of our customers will be offered FREE and UNIQUE tutorial videos, which will facilitate you to make daily targeted training plans. If you have any...
With a FitBeast workout kit, you can strengthen your vitality and hands. It will help you to say bye to expensive equipment necessary for a healthy lifestyle. This workout kit is ideal for increasing coordination, finger flexibility, and increasing strength of your hands.
This strength trainer proves beneficial for forearms, fingers, and wrists. It comes with adjustable, durable, and comfortable handles. With an ergonomic design, this handgrip is adjustable between 22lbs and 132lbs.
You will find it suitable for finger exercises because it has a finger stretcher and exerciser. With a finger exerciser, you can isolate every finger to fortify individually and prevent weakness. A finger stretcher can strengthen the extrinsic and intrinsic muscle groups.
Users can use a handgrip ring of 50lb to increase the strength of your handgrip. A grip ball will help you to release stress and improve dexterity and grip strength.
How to Choose Exercise Equipment for Seniors?
For seniors, there is no need to buy heavy and complicated machines. They need effective, easy to use, simple, and safe equipment. If you are accustomed to managing a healthy workout, you can improve your routine with enjoyable and efficient options.
The market has several senior-friendly workout machines to increase flexibility and burn calories. Before choosing exercise equipment, you have to consider physical strength, a routine, eating habits, and lifestyle of a person. Here are some fantastic exercise machines for seniors.
Seniors Who can Stand
If you can stand for a longer period, you can use an elliptical exercise bike to improve endurance and balance. It is a hybrid of walking and cross-country skiing. You can get the advantage of arm levers to burn extra fat.
For Core Strength
For core strength, you can buy a stability ball. It is essential for posture, balancing, and standing. Just sit on a ball to strengthen your core muscles. A stability ball enables you to perform different exercises without any threat.
People with Backaches
If you are suffering from a rounded posture, unaligned backs, and backaches, you will need a pull-down lat machine. It can help you to improve the strength of your back. You are allowed to adjust weights as per your fitness strength.
For Low-impact Exercises
For seniors, you can buy a yoga mat to perform low-impact exercises. It helps you to perform different exercises on their knees, feet, and ground. Remember, yoga mats are useful for stretching exercises, including yoga and pilates.
Combine Wrist Weights with Elliptical Machines
If you want to add some more challenge to your workout on an elliptical machine, you can buy wrist weights. Feel free to attach them to your wrist for a challenging and beneficial workout.
Recumbent bikes are ideal for healthy cardio exercises. These are suitable for comfort and non-strenuous impacts on your body. With this low-impact exercise activity, you can decrease the chances of injuries, bones, and joint issues.
Another excellent machine for exercise is a rowing machine. It can put a limited strain on your main joints. For seniors, it is safe to increase endurance, stretch work muscles, and perform a cardio workout.
How to Evaluate the Best Outdoor Exercise Equipment for Seniors?
Outdoor exercises are beneficial for seniors. These equipment and tools are useful for older adults. It is essential to consider the strength and fitness level of seniors before choosing outdoor exercise equipment.
In parks, you can see steps, net and ramp, snake pipes, low bars, balance stool, and tapping/stretching boards. All these items are suitable for people of different ages. They can adjust their workout as per their physical strength.
what s the best exercise equipment for seniors?
For seniors, rowing machines, elliptical machines, recumbent bikes, yoga mats, and stability balls are some suitable choices.
What is the best exercise equipment for over 70 or 50?
A rowing machine, a road or stationary bike, an elliptical trainer, or a low-impact treadmill can work well for people over 50 or 70. They need exercise equipment that must be easy on their joints.
What is the best exercise machine if you have bad knees?
Elliptical machines can be ideal for people with bad knees. Remember, high-impact exercises or running may be counterproductive with knee injuries. Some other options are resistance training equipment, rowing machine, and stationary bike.
What is the best piece of exercise equipment to buy for home?
Feel free to choose between treadmills, stationary bike, stationary ball, and rowing machines.
What is the best home exercise equipment for weight loss?
You can burn calories and boost metabolism with elliptical machines, stationary bikes, rowing machines, and treadmills.
If you want the best exercise equipment for elders and seniors, you can use any of the best exercise equipment for seniors. Remember, you have to stay healthy and fit with the use of this equipment. By increasing physical activity, you can avoid several serious issues.
Daily tasks and activities, such as games, sports, housework, and gardening, can be a great start. Remember, the right exercise equipment can help you to improve your physical health. If you want to increase the benefits of your exercise, you have to focus on flexibility and stretching exercises, muscle-strengthening activities, and aerobic exercises.
Remaining healthy and fit is necessary with age. It will help you to maintain the quality of your life. Try to include stretching exercises in your daily or weekly routine along with muscle-stretching and aerobic activities.
You can get better results with moderate-intensity exercises of 30 minutes on five days of every week. The high-intensity training is sufficient for almost 20 minutes on three days a week. Try to combine different workouts to achieve the desired benefits.
Before selecting an exercise machine, consider knee issues in seniors. At an initial level, they need low-impact activities to avoid the risk of injuries. If you are suffering from bone or joint problems, consider buying an exercise bike or rowing machine
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 00:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API