Recumbent vs Upright Exercise Bike [Info-graphic]
Last updated on January 30th, 2018 at 09:00 pm
A recumbent bike is an exercise bike which places the rider in a laid-back reclining position. This is really an effective device for daily workout. Most health conscious people choose recumbent bikes for a number of reasons. It has a wonderful feature which involves the comfortable distribution of the user’s weight in a bigger area.
The large seat of the recumbent bikes has been one of the most amazing features for a very long time. On the other hand, upright bikes are inspired by the design of traditional bicycles. These devices have normal seats without back support.
Have you ever wondered that which type of bicycle should you choose for your home workout? So we have made a comparison between both types of bikes blow. So you will find it much easier to decide which one is best for you.
The demand of Recumbent Bike vs Upright Bike on internet last 12 month
- One of the most amazing features of a recumbent bike is that it distributes your weight evenly and comfortably too on the large seat. You can also ride this bike outside your home too. You can enjoy many benefits if you workout with this device outdoors. The advantages include legs-forward position, increased speed and many more.
- As the recumbent bikes are very user friendly, it can be used by a wide range of people. Old, overweight, or users suffering back pain find these bikes really amazing and comfortable. And we all know, comfort is one of the main factors which help us stick to our workout routines. Comfort also enables users to concentrate only on the muscles without any distraction.
- There is a lying position too which make the recumbent bikes a very safe device for exercising. Many people experience a lot of weird and frightening experiences in exercise bikes such as falling down, trapping feet and a lot more. So if you use a recumbent bike, there is almost no chance of accidents.
- It is also very easy to move the bicycle while exercising. So it is a delight for people who are suffering from neurological problems.
- We have seen many benefits of the recumbent bikes above, there are a couple of disadvantages too. Some of them are: The weight of these bicycles is more than any other kind of exercise bikes. So they are a little difficult to transfer from one place to another. The price is also usually higher than regular bikes which make it really difficult for people of all classes to afford them.
- If you use an upright bike to exercise aerobically regularly, it will help to raise your immunity and stamina. It will also help to reduce the risk of many diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disorders. If you stick to aerobic exercise, your mood also becomes positive which will help you to live longer.
- If you are a person who is a little bit overweight, biking can be a good choice of workout. If you walk or run, you may experience a slight pain on your hips, knees, ankles and back too. But you will get almost no pain while cycling. An upright bike may be really ideal for you if you have joint problems as it is a way to get a intense workout without affecting your joints.
- If you are an outdoor cyclist, an upright bike provides you a wonderful experience while on the road. If you can’t go cycling during unfavorable weather conditions, you can also use the upright bike at your home. Exercising in these bikes enables you to concentrate specifically on your muscles. So when you get back to outdoors, you will not face any kind of problems.
- One of the most adorable features of an upright bike is that you can use it anywhere, anytime i.e. its convenience. For example, you cannot cycle outdoors in harsh weather conditions like as foggy days. But you can use the upright bike in any position of your home. So you can do your workout easily. Like as you can watch the TV and exercise at the same time. So you also don’t need to take extra precautions before cycling like as wearing helmets, shoes etc.
- One of the most irritating things of an upright bike is that the seats are really uncomfortable. So these cycles are not suitable for long outdoor workout. These uncomfortable seats may be a problem for aged people and users who have back pain.
- The upright bikes also have a high center of gravity while compared to other exercise bikes. So if you push hard, they can be unstable. So you also have the risk of falling off the bike.
So you must have gained a lot of knowledge about the both types of bikes: recumbent and upright. Before heading to the market, analyze the pros and cons of both the cycles and decide which one is the best for you.